Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You would think we were rookies!

Never leave the scissors out unattended.


Tommy was home on Monday doing yard work, cleaning up a few things around the house and giving himself a haircut. He left the clippers and hair scissors out in the bathroom because he needed me to fix a patch that he couldn't reach. I noticed the scissors in there but I didn't think anything of it because I needed to help him later. The next morning, Tommy is sitting across from Steven at breakfast and yells to me (I was in the kitchen), "did you see this?"

I went to the kitchen table, looked down at Steven and just smiled.

I distinctly remember saying to myself the night before, "what are these hairs on the counter? they are just too long to have come off Tommy's head." I never put two and two together. We sent Steven in the bathroom before bed to go potty and wash his hands, he was taking some extra time but he is a dwaddler so we just called after him to hurry. I guess that hair was his!

Note to our amateur parenting selves: put the scissors AWAY, even if you need to use them later!


By the way, breakfast can be dangerous. Wear your bike helmet at all times! Your brother could come after you with scissors and with such scarce hair, you wouldn't want to be caught unprotected!

No comments:

Post a Comment