Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Along

I get lost in the internet some days, truly lost. I read one blog, that links to another, that links to another and before you know it I am reading about the newest invention for replacing styrafoam containers using fungi - that's for real, I read it on the internet!

During a recent internet adventure I found a blog that has beautiful pictures and a to die for garden, so I read it every now and again. Ginny at Small Things hosts a Yarn Along and I've finally got a project and book to share.

My project is a knitted shawl, you can read more about it in an earlier post on my blog. I've had the Twize 100% bamboo yarn for years. I bought it before my son was born and then I had no time (or at least that was my excuse) to knit. Once I heard the news of my friend's cancer diagnosis, I knew exactly what I'd do ... knit her something to act as our arms holding her during her treatments. I got on Ravelry and found a pattern I liked and began down a path of utter disappointment. But after ripping it all out, I love it and hope my friend does, too!

My current read is Beneath the Lion's Gaze. I just checked it out from the library and have only read a page. It is a story set in Ethiopia during the 1974 revolution and the impacts it has on a family. Although it is a novel, I hope to get a taste of history while being entertained. We'll see if I finish it before the library gives me a fine!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos on Small Things...I scroll through just to look at photos every once in a while. I forgot how interesting her story is - oh, no - I've been trying not to get to0 lost in the internet world; quit reminding me of what I am missing!

    ReplyDelete