Friday, April 22, 2011

Fingerprints

Update: my fingers are prettier than Tommy's, confirmed by officials at the United States Customs and Immigration Service!

We got our appointment letter from USCIS last week while we were on vacation. It stated that our appointment was not until May 11, what?!? Surely we don't have to wait that long, I thought. So I got in touch with our agency and asked if we could go early, they said it varies by office and that we could try but we might get turned away. I then decided to feed my newest obsession and post a question to the yahoo discussion boards. I asked if anyone had gone early to the office in KC and I got a reply stating that in the last three weeks another couple had gone before their appointment. They were in and out in less than 5 minutes! Whew, that was exciting to hear.


So, Tommy picked me up at lunch and we headed up north near the airport to the office to get fingerprinted. It was very cool because it is all digital. We hope to hear back in 2-8 weeks, hoping it is closer to 2 weeks! Then we will be on hyperspeed to get our Dossier completed and mailed to DC to be authenticated!


By the way, the woman who replied to my yahoo group post has a daughter named Lyla. What are the chances?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment