Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Memories 2011

Once again we picked out our tree at the boy scout lot at Lyla's preschool. There's nothing better than picking a tree out of a parking lot to get you in the holiday spirit!




Steven spent a day home from school because he was sick. He was feeling pretty good most of the day so I needed activities to keep him occupied while I got a little work done. Unfortunately I couldn't find our Elmer's white glue so I went hunting and found some wood glue. Aunt Tracy called me resourceful, I like that. He glued more cotton balls on paper that I've ever used for any other purpose. I hope all that received an art project in the mail enjoyed the product, he sure was excited to make them!


Every year the kids come home with some kind of candy or sweet. I should have remembered this one from Steven last year, I guess once they have a good project a preschool they just hit repeat the next year.



Lyla was a gift bearer at this year's Christmas Program. It was pretty cute to see her up there with the older kids. She isn't much of a girly girl but she was sooooo excited to put her red dress on and look all cute for the program. And tights, oh man, tights are the best thing ever.


Do you Pin? My creative juices were flowing this Christmas season all because of the hours of wasted time surfing pinboards and pinning new ideas. One of my favorite holiday treat (I guess I shouldn't blame the preschool so much) was chocolate covered marshmallow reindeer. Tommy and I spent an evening dipping marshmallows and shoving pretzels into their heads. I had the hardest time finding lollipop sticks so I ended up cutting straws in half. It was really fun and let me try out different settings on my camera to get the blurry effect I love so much. I'm still working on it but I'm getting better.



Merry Christmas to all and to all a good chocolate-covered marshmallow reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment