Thursday, March 24, 2011

Linear thinking

We have a magazine in our bathroom for Lyla to read when she is on the potty (helps her focus, I guess). The current edition is National Geographic, I don't know what month but it has a fox on the front cover. There is also a story about Kung Fu and a big photo of the Chinese flag.

Steven happened to be in the bathroom with Lyla and me tonight (yes, it is always a fun family gathering spot) and he asked what the photo was. I replied, "the Chinese flag." He immediately looked at me and said "that is where we get babies from." Whoa.

Back story ... We've been checking out books from the library about adoption to read with the kids to get them familiar with what adoption is at a level they can understand. We currently have a book checked out where the family adopts a baby girl they name May from China. At least we know he is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment