Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Parade

 A mainstay of elementary school, the Halloween parade. I remember when I went to Elton Hills for Kindergarten that my teacher dressed up as a mouse and a big gorilla kidnapped her and took her to the roof of our building during our parade. A bit scary for little kids, I bet that wouldn't happen today!

But on to the fun for Steven and Lyla. Lyla and her friend Royal were both Ariel from The Little Mermaid. It was pretty cute. Steven was Superman. Look at his moves trying to block his classmate from getting to the candy first.



Both of their classes had a party to go along with the parade. It was a study in contrast. I visited both rooms and had very different observations in both. Lyla's had a ton of parents, candy and wrappers flying all over the room and just plain chaos at one point. In Steven's room the children were sitting around the circle, each with one treat and I think someone was reading a book. Quite a difference between a 30 year and 5 year Montessori teacher.


After the parade, we went trick-or-treating around the Brookside shops. Highlight for me was going to the Price Chopper grocery where they handed out apples and that was the treat that Steven picked to eat on our pit stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment