Friday, July 6, 2012

I told you so

It's not like me to tell Tommy "I told you so" but this one, I really did tell him "I told you so."







During the first half of the week of the Fourth of July the kids were on Sugarloaf mountain with their grandparents. During the week they had captured a few toads outside and held them hostage in the bug catcher for a few hours. Note that I mentioned they held them OUTSIDE. Later in the week, when Tommy and I returned from our anniversary trip/babymoon, Papa found a frog outside and caught him. He and Tommy were so excited that they brought him inside to show the kids. Tommy then proceeded to suggest that the kids should pet the frog and he'd take him out of the bug catcher (such a sturdy housing unit anyway). That was my first mention that this probably wasn't a good idea and should possibly be moved outside.

And then it happened, the frog got loose.

He jumped to the only nearby spot to hide - under the dishwasher. The frog rescue then commenced. It involved tools, dishwasher removal, wire rearranging and finally a traumatized frog removed from the space between the wall and the dishwasher connections.

At least Grandma got to have the men folk vacuum underneath her diswasher!



A reward (?) for all his hard work.

NOTE: No frogs were harmed during the filming of this event. Maybe a little traumatized but he got washed off and hopped into the woods upon release!

No comments:

Post a Comment